Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What are some cool towns/countys to live in Ireland

What are some cool towns/countys to live in Ireland?
My wife and I are going to Ireland for 3 months to vacation/ look for houses and find jobs before we decided if we want to stay there. If any of you live there or have been and know of some cool towns i should check out let me know. We are are both 25 and we like to kick back and have fun and do alittle partying. We are mostly sure we don't want to live in Dublin. Thanks for your help.
Other - Ireland - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ashbourne, co meath is a great commuter town, decent nightlife, with cheap housing, near to dublin city [20 mins by bus], there's plenty of shopping, and they're building a cinema at the rath cross! [near the bypass]
2 :
My partner and I have just returned to the UK from living in Ireland for 6 years. Our jobs took us around the country so I can tell you my experiences and hope it will help you. Dublin: its said that ireland is divided into Dublin and the rest of the country.... I personally didnt like it, in fact its so big and busy that I hated it. Employment is easier to find in Dublin and the transport is of course better. Limerick: Rather nice looking city, again a good work base, and easy to get out into the country and all the amenaties. The people are a little odd and it has a reputation for violence (nicknamed 'stab city'). Kilkenny: Beautiful, small city (small town atmosphere), Medieval streets and good transport network. Has a lot of festivals of Comedy, Roots music and Art. I enjoyed Kilkenny and the pubs are the best. Try John Cleeres; best Guinness in Ireland. Thurles, Tipperary: Very small provincial town. Good honest people with the oddness only found in the Irish Midlands. Set in beautiful countryside and easily reached from Dublin or Cork. Hope this helps. Good luck.





Read more discussions :

Search News