Thursday, October 21, 2010

I live in Ireland and I'm 14. I really want to go pro in America. How should I do this

I live in Ireland and I'm 14. I really want to go pro in America. How should I do this?
I play flag football, I'm smaller than most most people my age but I'm very fast and agile, and I'll try to catch any ball no matter what what it takes. Thanks for your help!
Football (American) - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
give your self a second option if this doesn't work out. your chances of playing professional football are like 0.001%. there are so many athletes out there that want to play but never get in. your best option right now is to play football as much as you can until you're ready to go to college. go to college in america and try for a football scholarship or to at least get on the team. send the college a video of what you can do. if you are really good at the college level, you have a chance at the pros.
2 :
I would suggest if you can afford it to try to go to an American school for your college education. The largest problem that you will have is that schools here won't know in advance what your abilities are since they obviously won't have scouted a team in Ireland. Your best bet for making a team on an American college may be to go to a mid sized school with a football team rather than a large one but then the issue is a lot of the guys in the midsized schools have trouble getting noticed by the NFL. Regardless of what you do it won't be easy but there are plenty of stories of stars in the NFL that had to fight very hard to get where they are so I would stop short of saying that it is impossible.
3 :
I used to absolutely dominate in flag football back when I played in a high school league in our city. Not once did I even think about making it to the NFL Flag football is not even remotely close to tackle football. The intensity, the physicality, and the hard work you have to put in to play(just to t play) is enormous. That's not even the whole story. There are plenty of guys in my school that play real football that are really good athletes. A couple of 4.5 black guys and all-district players. But they probably won't even get to the D-1 football.
4 :
try to find a team over there
5 :
keep dreaming.
6 :
You have no idea how many extremely talented players don't make the NFL. Search Oderick Turner, a wide receiver who wasn't drafted this year. He's great, but the NFL didn't want him. Graham Harrell, a quarterback in last year's draft wasn't taken, even though he set NCAA (college football) records. He was however, picked up by the Packers as a third string QB this year. You have to be one of the best in the world to make the NFL. And alot of Americans compete. At least a couple million do. You need to have a good combination of size, speed, and talent to even be considered getting into Division 1 college football, meaning you're one of the best high school players in the world. Then you have to be one of the best college players in America (playing among the best players of your age when you go there) to be thought of making the NFL. Also, full-contact football is unbelievably different from flag football. If you play on offense for full-contact, you'll need to know how to break tackles from big guys. If you play defense, you'll need near perfect tackling form and be able to shed blocks from 300 pound men easily to make the NFL. I'm sorry, but your chances are very, very, very, very, very slim.





Read more discussions :

Search News