Monday, March 7, 2011

What is my nationality if I am Russian and live in Ireland permanently

What is my nationality if I am Russian and live in Ireland permanently?
People in Ireland (especially Irish) often ask what is my nationality. I generally avoid this question because saying that I am Russian makes me stand out as different. Having lived in Ireland for seven years and saying that I am from Russia Irish immediately think like I am just two hours came straight from airport and have no knowledge of Irish culture. Would it be more reasonable to say that I am from Ireland or naturalized Irish at least, which is better, any comments?
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Are you a full citizen or Ireland? Irish Green Card equivalent? If so, then you're Irish by the Blessing of Gawd!
2 :
Your nationality is Russian, but you can say "I'm from Russian descent, but I've lived in Ireland awhile". Or, you can be whatever you want. If you're Irish in your heart, be Irish!
3 :
Your nationality is Russian unless you are an Irish citizen. Then your nationality becomes Irish but your ethnicity remains Russian.
4 :
Be proud of your Russian heritage! Say you are Russian by birth, Irish by choice.
5 :
it depends on which country you're a citizen of. if you're still a Russian citizen, i would say you're Russian but have lived in Ireland for awhile. if you have a Russian accent that would explain the curiosity.
6 :
If you are a naturalized citizen of Ireland, your nationality is Irish. If you are a dual national and still have citizenship in Russia, your nationality is both Irish and Russian. Your nationality is Irish while you are of Russian descent.




Read more discussions :

Search News