Thursday, August 28, 2014

International Beatleweek 2014


International Beatleweek 2014


I spent the weekend in Liverpool for International Beatleweek 2014 and had an amazing time. As a lifelong Beatles fanatic, making the pilgrimage to the place where it all began was something I’d always wanted to do but had never managed to get around to until now, despite only living a short distanc ...


Just keep swimming, just keep swimming


I have been a keen swimmer for most of my life – although my mum does like to tell me tales of how it was difficult to get me in the water as a really young child. At some point, longer ago than I can remember, I must have decided that I did like to be in the water after all… Through primary school ...


Book 20: Irish Freedom


20 IRISH FREEDOM: THE HISTORY OF NATIONALISM IN IRELAND Richard English (Ireland, 2007) The ironically named Richard English's aim is dual; to provide his readers with a concise history of Irish nationalism and its evolution throughout the years, as well as to more broadly define the practically uni ...


France receives upgraded aerial tanker


France receives upgraded aerial tanker PARIS, Aug. 27 (UPI) --The first of three French Air Force KC-135RG aerial tankers has been returned to France following upgrade work by Rockwell Collins. Upgrades included new navigational avionics that allow faster and more secure integration of the ... more ...


The Distilled Spirits: Gin, Whisk(e)y, Vodka, Rum, Tequila and Brandy


Gin Countries of origin are Holland, and England French “Geniévre” and from the Dutch “Genever”, meaning Juniper Essential Cocktails: Dry Martini, French 75, Gimlet, Martinez, White Lady, Tom Collins, Negroni, Singapore Sling, Ramos Fizz, Vesper Whisk(e)y Countries of origin include Ireland, Scotlan ...


Tuesday 26th August – Global Mental Health teaching at Makerere University


It was back to business today. At 9.30am, I was visited at the hotel by Wietse Tol, a Dutch Psychologist working with the Peter C Alderman Foundation ( http://www.petercaldermanfoundation.org) in Uganda who is also employed as a faculty member at John Hopkins University in Maryland, United States. W ...


Willis-Welch-Pettey Story Part 1


I've been busy writing up the Willis-Welch-Pettey story, or at least, what I think I know The Willis – Welch - Pettey Story After doing family history for many years, I’ve discovered that it is always a work in progress. It is never finished. I just wanted to write down what I have found and try to ...


NEWS: Ireland, John Stewart, 'The Bachelor', Scarlett Johansson's Superhero Movie


Limerick police station to become first in Ireland to fly rainbow flag in support of gay pride: "It’s basically a symbol by them to show that the guards are there for us if we need them to support any incidents of homophobic crime. They are basically just reaching out and it’s a huge step forward fo ...



Search News