Thursday, August 28, 2014

ALBERT REYNOLDS : "CONDUCT UNBECOMING".


ALBERT REYNOLDS : "CONDUCT UNBECOMING".


By Peadar O'Donnell ; first published in January 1963. The position of the Free State government had worsened steadily from the introduction of the 'terrorist legislation' of 1931 : within themselves they had not resolved the tensions created by the British betrayal of Collins and Griffith and had r ...


The X Factor


I treated myself, the other day. I bought a copy of Allan Campbell McLean's The Hill of the Red Fox. It must be 35 years since I borrowed that book from my local library in Birmingham. Time spent on holiday in Scotland had planted a deep-rooted fascination, bordering on thirst, for all things Scotti ...


A year!


OMG, on one of those spur of the moment moments(?) decided to see what I last wrote, and have not been here for over a year!!!!! Cannot believe it. What a lot to catch up on, so where do I start? I suppose with the Ireland trip which was wonderful. I have no idea why I had never been to Ireland befo ...


Inside Ireland’s Police Acacemy: Here’s what the new batch of Garda recruits will be facing…


The first new Garda recruits in five years are about to start in Templemore – and college top brass have high hopes for “the cream of the crop”. 24,000 PEOPLE APPLIED, but only a few have been chosen…. Just 100, in fact. It’s been a tough battle ...


UFC Signs New Broadcast Deal with 3e, Bringing More Events to Terrestrial TV in Ireland


3e on Wednesday announced an exciting new broadcast deal with The Ultimate Fighting Championship as part of its 2014 Autumn Schedule. It means that various UFC fights will be broadcast to a terrestrial audience in Ireland as the popularity of the sport ...



Search News