Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where in Ireland should you live with kids

Where in Ireland should you live with kids?
I've always wanted to live in Ireland and I've been wondering where would be a good place to live in Ireland while in your 20s and wheres a good part to live in with kids more of a suburban like area please and thanks!
Other - Ireland - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Somewhere within walking distance of a bus/train route would be my advice ie near a town/city. Unless you like driving half way around the country every weekend taking/fetching your kids to and from places. I love the countryside and I live in a really rural place around 3 miles from the nearest town (pop <1000) but the downside is I spend a lot of time driving my teenage kids around, they want to go to the cinema, meet their friends and who can blame there. There is just one bus a day that leaves early morning for Cork and returns in the evening, that is it so even if they catch that on a Saturday I have 2, 6 mile round trips just taking and fetching them from town that is before I do anything I want to do. If you plan on moving to Ireland you might be better to wait until the recession is over, there are very few jobs right now and the cost of living is sky high.
2 :
Im 16 and I live in the suburbs of Dublin. A place called Coolock. It is a safe area and I have had a very happy childhood here as most kids would. It has many housing estates and everything is in walking distance such as a shopping centre park, swimming pool, cinema and pubs for the adults. There are also heaps of schools around the area. It only takes about 20-25 minutes on the bus into Dublin City Centre. Im sure this would be a satisfactory place for you to live. Hope this helps :)
3 :
A suburb of Dublin Would be the best place. eg: Kilcock , Lucan I live in a Dublin suburb I'm 14 and have had a great childhood here. Cinemas, Swimming Pools, Great Schools, Nice Restaurants, Lots of places to shop and Most things are within walking distance.






Read more discussions :

Search News