Sunday, February 1, 2009

How can I live in Ireland and see my daughter who lives in America at the same time

How can I live in Ireland and see my daughter who lives in America at the same time?
I want to move to Ireland because my girlfriend lives there and we plan on getting married eventually. However, I already have a daughter here who lives in the US. How can I see her while at the same time being able to live in Ireland? What do most parents do in this situation?
Other - Ireland - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Get a webcam.
2 :
Use Skype to communicate.
3 :
mabie have her during summer and mabie you get during one school holiday ie march break or christmas
4 :
Yahoo Instant messenger is awesome you can talk and use video otherwise skype has the hype.
5 :
I would talk to her about it. If she is still a child or adolescent, you may cause a riff between yours and hers relationship. This is coming from a personal perspective of the daughter. Needless to say, it is not easy. Other than that, yearly visits, letters, phone calls, do everything you can to keep in close contact. Skype is a great idea I would consider using in alternative to phone calls, but it charges for long distance as well.
6 :
use your computer's camera and visually chat ,
7 :
SKYPE! it's free video calling, so you can chat at anytime! You can download it or it usually comes onto laptops. have fun in Ireland! I myself am 16 and going for 8 months and will be using skype!
8 :
My father had another daughter who lived in the US while he was in Ireland, and he just lived with it, and saw her when he could, and brought her over for the summers. This was long before there was such a thing as commercial Internet, so there was no Skype or MSN Messenger, and certainly no webcams or any of that kind of thing, so he made do with phonecalls and visits. They lived with it, and their relationship was always good that I recall. Now you have wonderful technology at your disposal, so invest in a good laptop for your ex so that your daughter can see you and talk to you, and get a good laptop yourself (in Ireland) so that you can talk to your daughter. Incidentally, given the current state of the Irish economy, I seriously doubt that this will be a problem. There are very few jobs available here, and you will have to be able to find work here FIRST .... and no, marrying an Irish person doesn't make the slightest difference. Sorry.
9 :
Time travel is best way.,






Read more discussions :

Search News