Monday, September 21, 2009

For an American, is it easier (and cheaper) to live in Ireland or England

For an American, is it easier (and cheaper) to live in Ireland or England?
My sister and I have decided to move to Ireland or somewhere in the UK sometime next year. But we're trying to figure out the best places to live. Also, we have two dogs that we hope to bring along. Any assistance/advice would be appreciated!
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Parts of Britain are cheapest. Ireland is actually expensive since the great Celtic tiger credit bubble.
2 :
It depends on the city of course, but as a whole Ireland would be cheaper to live. London I believe is the most expensive city in the world, but Dublin is also more expensive than most of the UK. I found Scotland to be awsome and quite cheaper. I am not sure your background, but the city of Dover in England is right across the channel from Paris and Brussels. It is not a huge city, but it is big enough to find work and very close to the mainland of Europe for travel purposes. FYI: Unless you have an EU passport, or have a strong talent such as being an MD etc., you will have a hard time permenantly moving to any of the areas you mentioned. (legally)
3 :
Wouldn't know. I've never been outside the Continental US. I thought gas was more expensive over there, but people live closer to their jobs than we do here, so maybe it would be.
4 :
I would choose devon in england or out of town in dublin ireland





Read more discussions :

Search News