Sunday, November 14, 2010

If Irish citizenship lets me work/live in Ireland legally, then what would be the point of an Irish passport

If Irish citizenship lets me work/live in Ireland legally, then what would be the point of an Irish passport?
I'm an American & just recieved my Irish dual citizenship -- now I'm trying to figure out if an Irish passport is worth another $160 -- when it seems like the Irish citizenship gives me all the opportunities I'd need anyway. What do you think?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is additional proof that you are Irish. Also think about it it is $160 for a ten year passport, that is $16 per year. I would apply for it.
2 :
citizenship is a declaration that you are a citizen of certain country, whereas Passport is a travel document. Nevertheless the full passport is given only to the citizens of the country. That makes Passport, one additional proof of your citizenship. Its better to apply for passport, since in many countries its the only way to proof your citizenship to many organisations & authorities.





Read more discussions :

Search News