Sunday, August 7, 2011

How do I legally move to Ireland to live and work

How do I legally move to Ireland to live and work?
Hi. I am a single mother of one girl. I am wanting to immigrate to Ireland and obtain Irish citizenship. How do I get started and what forms do I need to fill out? How does the process work? I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from a university in the U.S. and currently have US citizenship. I want to obtain citizenship in Ireland for both my daughter and myself. Thanks.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/moving-country/moving-to-ireland
2 :
Do you have a parent or grandparent from Ireland? If yes, you probably have a decent shot at gaining Irish citizenship. Without that, you'll probably have to find a job before moving to Ireland. You'll need an employer to "vouch" for you in order to get working papers. Unless your degree is highly sought after or you have particularly fine experience in the field, is it unlikely that an Irish employer would hire you over a European citizen. The changes to the EU immigration rules have made it rather difficult for an American without other ties to immigrate to an EU country and work. Sorry it's not better news!





Read more discussions :

Search News