Monday, October 1, 2012

What do I have to do to work/study in New Zealand if you live in Northern Ireland

What do I have to do to work/study in New Zealand if you live in Northern Ireland?
I want to get into renewable energy and as New Zealand is one of the best countries in the world for it I would like to go there among other reasons. I have read the go to New Zealand website and I still don't know what I should do. Should I just ring up Ballance House (the New Zealand Consulate for Northern Ireland) and see what the crack is?
Other - New Zealand - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes, phone them and just ask. Nobody here will be able to give you as good advice as they can. I know that NZ has reciprocal working holiday rights with Ireland, but don't think this includes N.Ireland which would probably go by the British rules, which are age-based.
2 :
Well here's the immigration site: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/ if you've got questions, drop them an email.
3 :
Well Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and thus part of the Commonwealth of Nations, and I believe that can make things easier to get study/work visas on that basis as you are technically a Commonwealth Citizen and of course it would be wise to check with the New Zealand Consulate.
4 :
if you don't ask you don't get answers, just do it bro and go.
5 :
Check out this website: http://www2.careers.govt.nz/get_job_info.html It has information for people wanting to move to New Zealand. And also has education and training information.





Read more discussions :

Search News